Keeping your Samsung washer clean is essential to maintain its efficiency and extend its lifespan. One of the most important parts of your washer that you should regularly clean is the filter. The filter is responsible for trapping lint, hair, and other debris that may accumulate during washing cycles. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to clean the filter of your Samsung washer to ensure that it continues to run smoothly.
Why is it important to clean the filter?
Build-up of lint and other debris in your washer’s filter can cause several issues that may lead to poor performance and breakdowns. Here are some of the reasons why cleaning the filter is important:
- Prevents clogs in the drain pump
- Improves the washing machine’s performance
- Prevents foul odors caused by stagnant water
- Extends the lifespan of the washer
How to locate the filter in your Samsung washer?
The filter location may vary depending on the model of your Samsung washer. However, most models have the filter located at the bottom of the front panel. Here are the steps to locate the filter:
- Turn off your washer and unplug it from the power source.
- Open the washer’s front door and locate the filter cover at the bottom of the panel.
- Remove the cover by pulling it towards you.
- You should now be able to see the filter.
How to clean the filter?
Now that you have located the filter, here are the steps to clean it:
- Place a towel or a bucket under the filter to catch any water that may spill.
- Rotate the filter counterclockwise to loosen it.
- Pull out the filter and remove any debris trapped in it.
- Rinse the filter under running water to remove any remaining debris.
- Reattach the filter by rotating it clockwise until it is tight.
- Replace the filter cover.
It’s important to note that you should clean the filter at least once a month to prevent any build-up of debris. If you have a large family or use your washer frequently, you may need to clean the filter more often.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I clean the filter while the washer is running?
No, you should never attempt to clean the filter while the washer is running. Always turn off the washer and unplug it from the power source before cleaning the filter.
2. How often should I clean the filter?
You should clean the filter at least once a month. However, if you have a large family or use your washer frequently, you may need to clean the filter more often.
3. What if I can’t locate the filter?
If you can’t locate the filter, refer to your Samsung washer’s user manual or contact their customer support for assistance.