Washing machines have become an indispensable part of our daily lives. We rely on them to keep our clothes clean and smelling fresh. But did you know that your washing machine can also get dirty and smelly over time? That’s right, even though it’s designed to clean your clothes, your washing machine needs to be cleaned too! In this article, we’ll show you how to wash your washing machine and keep it running smoothly.
Why do you need to clean your washing machine?
You might be wondering why you need to clean your washing machine in the first place. After all, it’s a machine that’s supposed to clean things, right? Well, over time, your washing machine can accumulate dirt, grime, and even mold. This can cause your washing machine to smell bad, and it can also affect the quality of your laundry. A dirty washing machine can leave behind stains, lint, and even bacteria on your clothes. That’s why it’s important to clean your washing machine regularly.
What do you need to clean your washing machine?
Cleaning your washing machine is actually quite simple, and you don’t need many tools or supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- A scrub brush or sponge
- A clean cloth
How to clean the inside of your washing machine
The first step in cleaning your washing machine is to clean the inside. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill the washing machine with hot water.
- Add a quart of white vinegar and a cup of baking soda.
- Run the washing machine through a complete cycle on the hottest setting.
- When the cycle is done, use a scrub brush or sponge to clean the inside of the washing machine.
- Wipe down the inside of the washing machine with a clean cloth.
How to clean the outside of your washing machine
Now that you’ve cleaned the inside of your washing machine, it’s time to clean the outside. Here’s how to do it:
- Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the outside of the washing machine with the vinegar solution.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe down the outside of the washing machine.
- Pay special attention to any areas that are particularly dirty or greasy.
- Rinse the washing machine with a hose or a clean cloth.
How often should you clean your washing machine?
Now that you know how to clean your washing machine, you might be wondering how often you need to do it. The answer depends on how often you use your washing machine and how dirty it gets. As a general rule, you should aim to clean your washing machine at least once every six months. However, if you use your washing machine frequently, or if you notice that it’s starting to smell bad, you may need to clean it more often.
Cleaning your washing machine is an important task that can help keep your laundry looking and smelling fresh. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your washing machine is clean and running smoothly. Remember to clean your washing machine at least once every six months, or more often if needed. With a little bit of effort, you can keep your washing machine in top condition and enjoy clean, fresh-smelling laundry every time.