Tanning mitts are essential tools for achieving a flawless tan. They help to distribute the tanning product evenly, preventing streaks and patches. However, after using your tanning mitt for a while, it may become dirty and stained. Washing your tanning mitt is important to keep it clean and hygienic, but how do you do it? In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about washing your tanning mitt.
Why is it important to wash your tanning mitt?
Washing your tanning mitt is essential for several reasons:
- It helps to remove any residual tanning product from the mitt.
- It prevents the buildup of bacteria and other germs that could cause skin irritation or infection.
- It extends the lifespan of the mitt, ensuring that you can use it for a longer time.
How often should you wash your tanning mitt?
You should aim to wash your tanning mitt after every use. This will help to prevent the buildup of tanning product and bacteria, ensuring that your mitt stays clean and hygienic.
What do you need to wash your tanning mitt?
You will need the following items to wash your tanning mitt:
- Warm water
- Mild soap or detergent
- A clean towel
Step-by-step guide to washing your tanning mitt
Follow these simple steps to wash your tanning mitt:
- Fill a sink or basin with warm water.
- Add a small amount of mild soap or detergent to the water.
- Place your tanning mitt in the water and gently swirl it around to ensure that it gets fully immersed.
- Leave the mitt to soak for around 10-15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently rub the mitt against itself to help remove any residual tanning product or stains.
- Rinse the mitt thoroughly under running water until all soap suds are gone.
- Take the mitt out of the water and gently squeeze out any excess water.
- Place the mitt on a clean towel and roll it up to remove any remaining water.
- Allow the mitt to air dry completely before using it again.
Can you wash your tanning mitt in the washing machine?
While it is possible to wash your tanning mitt in the washing machine, it is not recommended. The machine can damage the delicate fibers of the mitt, causing it to lose its effectiveness. Hand washing is always the best option for washing your tanning mitt.
How do you store your tanning mitt after washing?
After washing your tanning mitt, it is important to store it properly to ensure that it stays clean and hygienic. Here are some tips for storing your tanning mitt:
- Allow the mitt to air dry completely before storing it.
- Store the mitt in a clean, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Avoid storing the mitt with other items that could transfer dirt or bacteria onto it.
What are the signs that your tanning mitt needs to be replaced?
While washing your tanning mitt regularly can help to extend its lifespan, there will come a point when it needs to be replaced. Here are some signs that it’s time to get a new tanning mitt:
- The mitt is stained and discolored, and washing no longer helps to remove the stains.
- The mitt has developed holes or tears, making it less effective at distributing tanning product evenly.
- The mitt has a strong odor that washing cannot remove.
Washing your tanning mitt is an important part of maintaining a clean and hygienic tanning routine. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can keep your tanning mitt in top condition and ensure that you achieve a flawless tan every time.