Stainless steel is a popular material used in kitchens, bathrooms, and other parts of the house. It is durable, corrosion-resistant, and easy to clean. However, despite its many benefits, stainless steel can be prone to smudges, fingerprints, and dirt. If you want to keep your stainless steel looking shiny and new, here are some tips and tricks on how to wash stainless steel.
Before you start cleaning your stainless steel, you’ll need to gather a few materials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Microfiber cloth
- Soft-bristled brush
- Mild dish soap
- White vinegar
- Olive oil or baby oil
- Spray bottle
Cleaning Stainless Steel
To clean your stainless steel, follow these steps:
- Wipe down the surface with a microfiber cloth to remove any loose dirt or dust.
- Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of warm water and mild dish soap.
- Spray the solution onto the stainless steel surface.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the surface in a circular motion, paying special attention to any areas with stains or grime.
- Rinse the surface with warm water to remove the soap solution.
- Dry the surface with a microfiber cloth to prevent water spots.
Removing Stains from Stainless Steel
If your stainless steel has stubborn stains, you can use white vinegar to remove them. Here’s how:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto the stained area.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the area in a circular motion.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Dry the area with a microfiber cloth.
Polishing Stainless Steel
To make your stainless steel shine, you can use olive oil or baby oil. Here’s how:
- Apply a small amount of oil onto a microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the oil onto the stainless steel surface in a circular motion.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to buff the surface.
Here are some related questions about how to wash stainless steel:
- Can I use bleach to clean stainless steel?
- How often should I clean my stainless steel appliances?
- Can I use steel wool to clean stainless steel?
- What should I do if my stainless steel is scratched?