Squishmallows are becoming increasingly popular as a soft and cuddly companion for people of all ages. These plush toys are made of high-quality materials and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. However, like any other toy, they can get dirty over time. In this article, we will discuss how to wash your squishmallow and keep it looking and feeling as good as new.
Why Do You Need to Wash Your Squishmallow?
Squishmallows are designed to be soft, cuddly, and huggable. They are often used as a comfort object, especially by children who may carry them around all day. Over time, these plush toys can accumulate dirt, dust, and other debris. They may also develop stains or unpleasant odors if they are not cleaned regularly. Washing your squishmallow can help to remove these contaminants and keep it fresh and clean.
What You Will Need to Wash Your Squishmallow
Before you begin washing your squishmallow, you will need to gather a few supplies. These include:
- Mild detergent or soap
- Cold water
- A soft-bristled brush
- A clean towel
How to Wash Your Squishmallow
Follow these steps to wash your squishmallow:
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water.
- Add a small amount of mild detergent or soap to the water. Use only a small amount, as too much soap can damage the fabric of the toy.
- Gently place your squishmallow in the water and use your hands to work the soap into the fabric.
- Rinse the toy thoroughly with cold water until all of the soap has been removed.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water from the toy.
- Use a clean towel to blot the toy and remove as much moisture as possible.
- Allow the toy to air dry on a flat surface. Do not use a dryer, as the heat can damage the toy.
- If necessary, use a soft-bristled brush to fluff up the toy’s fur or feathers once it is dry.
How Often Should You Wash Your Squishmallow?
The frequency with which you should wash your squishmallow will depend on how often it is used and how dirty it becomes. As a general rule, you should aim to wash your squishmallow at least once every few months. However, if the toy becomes visibly dirty or develops an odor, you should wash it as soon as possible.
Can You Machine Wash a Squishmallow?
While it is possible to machine wash a squishmallow, it is generally not recommended. The agitation from the washing machine can damage the toy’s fabric or stuffing. Additionally, the heat from the dryer can cause the toy to lose its shape or become misshapen. For these reasons, it is best to hand wash your squishmallow using the steps outlined above.
Can You Dry Clean a Squishmallow?
It is possible to dry clean a squishmallow, but it is not always the best option. Dry cleaning can be expensive, and the chemicals used in the process can be harsh and damaging to the fabric of the toy. If your squishmallow is only mildly dirty, it is best to hand wash it using mild detergent and cold water.
How to Remove Stains from Your Squishmallow
If your squishmallow has developed a stain, you can try to remove it using the following steps:
- Blot the stain with a clean towel to remove as much of the stain as possible.
- Dampen a soft-bristled brush with cold water and gently scrub the stain.
- If the stain persists, mix a solution of equal parts vinegar and water and apply it to the stain with a clean towel.
- Gently scrub the stain with the soft-bristled brush until it is removed.
- Rinse the toy thoroughly with cold water to remove any remaining vinegar solution.
- Blot the toy with a clean towel and allow it to air dry on a flat surface.
How to Store Your Squishmallow
When your squishmallow is not in use, it is best to store it in a clean, dry place. Avoid storing it in direct sunlight or in a damp or humid environment, as this can cause the toy to deteriorate over time. You can store your squishmallow in a plastic bin or bag to protect it from dust and other contaminants.
Washing your squishmallow is an important part of maintaining its cleanliness and prolonging its lifespan. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can keep your squishmallow looking and feeling as good as new for years to come.