If you own a Samsung self-clean washer, you know how important it is to keep it clean and running smoothly. Fortunately, Samsung has made it easy to maintain your washer with the self-clean function. In this article, we will guide you on how to use Samsung self-clean washer and answer some frequently asked questions about this feature.
What is Self-Clean Feature?
The self-clean feature is a function that allows your Samsung washer to clean itself. It uses a combination of water and heat to remove dirt, bacteria, and other debris from the drum, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals or manual cleaning. This feature is convenient and helps prolong the lifespan of your washer.
How to Use Self-Clean Feature?
To use the self-clean feature on your Samsung washer, follow these simple steps:
- Ensure that the washer is empty and that there are no clothes or other items inside.
- Select the self-clean cycle on the washer’s control panel. This cycle is usually represented by a “tub clean” or “self-clean” icon.
- Press the start button and let the washer run through the cycle. This process can take up to 3 hours depending on the model of your washer.
- Once the cycle is complete, open the washer door and allow it to air dry. Do not close the door immediately as this can cause mold and mildew to grow.
How Often Should I Use Self-Clean Feature?
You should use the self-clean feature on your Samsung washer at least once a month or as recommended by the manufacturer. If you notice any odors or buildup in the washer, you can run the self-clean cycle more frequently to keep it clean and fresh.
What Should I Do If Self-Clean Feature is Not Working?
If the self-clean feature on your Samsung washer is not working, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure that the washer is properly connected to a power source and that the water supply is turned on.
- Check the washer’s user manual to ensure that you are using the correct settings for the self-clean cycle.
- If the problem persists, contact Samsung customer support for assistance.
Can I Use Bleach or Other Chemicals with Self-Clean Feature?
No, you should not use any bleach or other chemicals with the self-clean feature on your Samsung washer. This can damage the machine and void your warranty. The self-clean function is designed to work without any additional chemicals, using only water and heat to clean the drum.
The self-clean feature on your Samsung washer is a valuable tool for keeping your machine clean and fresh. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your washer is running smoothly and efficiently. If you have any questions or concerns about using the self-clean feature, don’t hesitate to contact Samsung customer support for assistance.