A high efficiency washer is a great investment for any household. It saves water and energy while still providing a thorough clean for your clothes. However, like any other appliance, it needs to be cleaned regularly to ensure it stays in top condition. Here are some tips on how to clean high efficiency washer:
What You Will Need
Before you start cleaning your high efficiency washer, make sure you have the following items:
- Baking soda
- Microfiber cloth
Cleaning the Inside of the Washer
One of the most important things you can do to keep your high efficiency washer in tip-top shape is to clean the inside of the washer. Follow these steps:
- Fill the washer with hot water.
- Add two cups of vinegar to the water.
- Let the washer run for a full cycle.
- After the cycle is complete, sprinkle a cup of baking soda in the drum.
- Run the washer through another cycle.
This will help remove any buildup or residue that may be stuck inside the washer.
Cleaning the Outside of the Washer
The outside of the washer can also get dirty and require cleaning. Follow these steps:
- Mix a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the solution and wring it out.
- Wipe down the outside of the washer with the cloth, paying extra attention to any areas that may be particularly dirty.
- Rinse the cloth in clean water and wipe down the washer again to remove any remaining vinegar solution.
For any tough spots, use a toothbrush to scrub the area gently.
Cleaning the Detergent Drawer
The detergent drawer can also get dirty and clogged with detergent buildup. Follow these steps to clean it:
- Remove the detergent drawer from the washer.
- Soak the drawer in a solution of equal parts water and vinegar for about an hour.
- Scrub the drawer with a toothbrush to remove any buildup.
- Rinse the drawer in clean water and let it dry completely before replacing it in the washer.
Cleaning the Filter
The filter in a high efficiency washer helps to prevent lint and other debris from clogging the washer’s drain. It’s important to clean the filter regularly to ensure it’s functioning properly. Here’s how:
- Locate the filter, which is typically located near the bottom of the washer.
- Remove the filter and clean it with a toothbrush to remove any buildup.
- Rinse the filter in clean water and let it dry completely before replacing it in the washer.
Here are some frequently asked questions about how to clean high efficiency washer:
1. How often should I clean my high efficiency washer?
You should aim to clean your high efficiency washer at least once every three months, or more frequently if you use it frequently or notice any buildup or odors.
2. Can I use bleach to clean my high efficiency washer?
No, you should avoid using bleach to clean your high efficiency washer as it can damage the machine and void the warranty. Use vinegar and baking soda instead.
3. How do I prevent my high efficiency washer from getting dirty?
To prevent your high efficiency washer from getting dirty, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use and avoid overloading the machine. Additionally, wipe down the inside of the washer and the detergent drawer after each use and leave the washer door open to allow air to circulate and prevent mold and mildew growth.