GE washing machines are known for their excellent performance and durability. However, like any other appliance, they require regular cleaning to maintain their efficiency. In this article, we will discuss how to clean a GE washing machine front loader in simple steps.
Why Cleaning Your GE Washing Machine Front Loader is Important
Cleaning your GE washing machine front loader is essential for several reasons. Regular cleaning helps to:
- Prevent the buildup of mold, mildew, and bacteria
- Remove dirt, stains, and odors from your clothes
- Extend the life of your washing machine
- Improve the performance and efficiency of your washing machine
What You Will Need
Before you start cleaning your GE washing machine front loader, you will need the following:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- A soft-bristled brush
- A clean cloth
- A bucket
How to Clean the Drum
The first step in cleaning your GE washing machine front loader is to clean the drum. Here are the steps:
- Fill a bucket with hot water and add one cup of white vinegar.
- Pour the solution into the drum and run a hot water cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove any residue with a soft-bristled brush.
- Wipe the drum with a clean cloth and leave the door open to air dry.
How to Clean the Detergent Dispenser
The detergent dispenser can become clogged with soap residue over time. Here’s how to clean it:
- Remove the detergent dispenser from the washing machine.
- Soak it in hot water and white vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Scrub the dispenser with a soft-bristled brush to remove any residue.
- Rinse the dispenser with hot water and let it air dry.
How to Clean the Seal
The seal is the rubber gasket around the door. It can collect dirt and grime over time. Here’s how to clean it:
- Mix baking soda and water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the seal and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the seal with a soft-bristled brush.
- Rinse the seal with hot water and wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
How to Clean the Filter
The filter is located at the bottom of the washing machine and collects lint and debris. Here’s how to clean it:
- Turn off the washing machine and unplug it.
- Locate the filter at the bottom of the washing machine.
- Twist the filter counterclockwise to remove it.
- Clean any lint or debris from the filter.
- Rinse the filter with hot water and let it air dry.
- Replace the filter and twist it clockwise to secure it.
1. How often should you clean your GE washing machine front loader?
You should clean your GE washing machine front loader at least once a month.
2. Can you use bleach to clean your GE washing machine front loader?
No, you should not use bleach to clean your GE washing machine front loader. Bleach can damage the rubber seal and other parts of the washing machine.
3. How can you prevent mold and mildew from growing in your GE washing machine front loader?
You can prevent mold and mildew from growing in your GE washing machine front loader by leaving the door open after each use to allow air to circulate. You can also run an empty hot water cycle with vinegar once a month to kill any bacteria.