Washing machines are an essential part of our daily lives, and we rely on them to keep our clothes clean and fresh. However, over time, washing machines can accumulate dirt, grime, and bacteria, which can affect their performance and even cause foul odors. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to clean an LG washing machine to keep it in top condition.
What you will need
Before you start cleaning your LG washing machine, you will need the following items:
- Baking soda
- A microfiber cloth
- A toothbrush
- A sponge
Cleaning the drum
The first step in cleaning your LG washing machine is to clean the drum. To do this, you will need to:
- Empty the washing machine of any clothes or laundry.
- Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 4 cups of water and pour the solution into the drum.
- Close the door and run the washing machine on the hottest cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, wipe the drum with a microfiber cloth to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
Cleaning the detergent dispenser
The next step is to clean the detergent dispenser. This is where you add laundry detergent, fabric softener, or bleach to the washing machine. Over time, this dispenser can become clogged with residue and require cleaning.
- Remove the detergent dispenser from the washing machine.
- Soak the dispenser in a mixture of 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub any remaining residue or dirt from the dispenser.
- Rinse the dispenser with hot water and dry it with a microfiber cloth.
- Replace the detergent dispenser in the washing machine.
Cleaning the door seal
The door seal is the rubber ring around the door of the washing machine. This area can become dirty and moldy over time, especially if you frequently wash at low temperatures.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of hot water.
- Use a sponge to apply the solution to the door seal.
- Scrub the door seal with a toothbrush to remove any dirt or mold.
- Rinse the door seal with hot water and dry it with a microfiber cloth.
Cleaning the filter
The filter is responsible for trapping lint and debris during the washing cycle. If the filter becomes clogged, it can affect the performance of the washing machine and even cause it to break down.
- Locate the filter on your LG washing machine. It is usually located at the bottom of the machine behind a small door or panel.
- Place a towel under the filter to catch any water that may spill out.
- Turn the filter counterclockwise to remove it from the washing machine.
- Clean the filter with a toothbrush or rinse it under hot water to remove any debris.
- Replace the filter and turn it clockwise to secure it in place.
Here are some related questions you may have about cleaning an LG washing machine:
How often should you clean your LG washing machine?
You should clean your LG washing machine at least once every three months to keep it in top condition.
Can you use bleach to clean an LG washing machine?
Yes, you can use bleach to clean an LG washing machine. However, make sure to dilute the bleach first and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
What should you do if your LG washing machine still smells after cleaning?
If your LG washing machine still smells after cleaning, try running a cycle with hot water and 1 cup of vinegar. If the smell persists, you may need to have your washing machine professionally serviced.
Cleaning your LG washing machine is an essential part of keeping it in top condition. With these simple steps, you can remove any dirt, grime, or bacteria that may be affecting its performance. Remember to clean your washing machine at least once every three months to keep it running smoothly.
Related VideoHow to Clean an LG Washing Machine