If you own a Maytag washing machine, you know how important it is to keep it clean. Not only does regular cleaning improve the look of your appliance, but it also helps to prevent mold and mildew from building up inside. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to clean a Maytag washer.
What You Will Need
Before you start cleaning your Maytag washer, gather the following supplies:
- Baking soda
- A microfiber cloth
- A toothbrush
- A small bowl
- Warm water
Step 1: Clean the Interior of the Washer
The interior of your Maytag washing machine can collect dirt, grime, and other debris over time. To clean it:
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and add one cup of vinegar.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the solution and wring it out.
- Wipe down the interior of the washer, paying extra attention to the areas around the door and the rubber seals.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub any stubborn stains or buildup.
- Rinse the cloth in warm water and wipe down the interior again to remove any residue.
Step 2: Clean the Dispenser Drawers
The dispenser drawers on your Maytag washer can become clogged with detergent, fabric softener, and other products. To clean them:
- Pull out the dispenser drawers and rinse them in warm water.
- Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of water to make a paste.
- Use a toothbrush to apply the paste to the inside of the dispenser drawers, scrubbing away any buildup.
- Rinse the drawers in warm water and dry them thoroughly.
Step 3: Clean the Exterior of the Washer
The exterior of your Maytag washing machine can also collect dust, dirt, and other debris. To clean it:
- Mix one cup of vinegar with one cup of warm water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down the exterior of the washer, being careful not to get any of the electronics wet.
- Use a toothbrush to clean any crevices or hard-to-reach areas.
- Rinse the cloth in warm water and wipe down the exterior again to remove any residue.
Step 4: Run a Cleaning Cycle
Running a cleaning cycle on your Maytag washer is an effective way to remove any buildup that may be inside the machine. To run a cleaning cycle:
- Fill the washer with hot water.
- Add one cup of vinegar to the water.
- Run the washing machine on a normal cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, run another cycle with hot water only to rinse the machine.
1. How often should I clean my Maytag washer?
You should clean your Maytag washer at least once a month to prevent mold and mildew from building up inside.
2. Can I use bleach to clean my Maytag washer?
Yes, you can use bleach to clean your Maytag washer. However, be sure to dilute it with water and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. What should I do if my Maytag washer has a foul odor?
If your Maytag washer has a foul odor, run a cleaning cycle with hot water and vinegar. You can also wipe down the interior with a mixture of baking soda and water.