Power washing or pressure washing is a great way to clean the exterior of your home. It can remove dirt, grime, and even mold and mildew that have accumulated over time. However, before you hire a professional to power wash your house, it’s important to know how much it will cost.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Power Washing Your House
The cost of power washing your house can vary based on a number of factors:
- The size of your house – the larger your house, the more it will cost to power wash it
- The condition of your house – if your house is heavily soiled or has a lot of mold and mildew, it will take longer to clean and cost more
- The type of surface – different surfaces, such as brick or stucco, may require a different type of cleaning solution or technique, which can affect the cost
- The location of your house – if your house is in a hard-to-reach area, such as a hillside or a remote location, it may cost more to power wash
Typical Cost Range for Power Washing Your House
The cost to power wash your house can range from $150 to $1,500, depending on the factors mentioned above. On average, you can expect to pay around $300 to $500 for a standard-sized home.
Additional Costs to Consider
In addition to the cost of power washing your house, there may be additional costs to consider:
- Preparation – before the power washing can begin, you may need to move outdoor furniture, cover plants, or close windows to prevent water from getting inside
- Repairs – if the power washing reveals damage to your home, such as cracked siding or loose shingles, you may need to pay for repairs
- Sealing – after the power washing is complete, you may want to have your home sealed to protect it from future damage
DIY vs. Professional Power Washing
While you can rent a power washer and attempt to clean your home yourself, it’s generally recommended to hire a professional. Professional power washing companies have the experience, equipment, and cleaning solutions necessary to get the job done right. Plus, they can save you time and hassle.
Power washing your home can be a great way to improve its appearance and protect it from damage. While the cost can vary based on a number of factors, it’s important to budget for the expense and consider the additional costs that may arise. By hiring a professional, you can ensure that the job is done safely and effectively.
Here are some related questions that you may have about power washing your house:
1. How often should I power wash my house?
It’s recommended to power wash your house every 1-3 years, depending on the climate and conditions in your area.
2. Can power washing damage my home?
If done incorrectly, power washing can damage your home. That’s why it’s important to hire a professional who knows how to use the equipment safely and effectively.
3. Will power washing remove paint from my home?
If your home’s paint is already chipping or peeling, power washing can cause further damage. A professional power washing company will be able to assess the condition of your home’s exterior and recommend the best course of action.